[MUST READ] Agony of an orphan (episode 2) - Welcome To Onye's Blog Welcome To Onye's Blog: [MUST READ] Agony of an orphan (episode 2)

Fashion

Advert

Friday 18 November 2016

[MUST READ] Agony of an orphan (episode 2)



Episode 2
We trek 2 kilometres away, we then board a canoe to the next village that has town features, we decided to rest a little bit, an old but not that old woman came to us
woman: what are you doing here?
me: we are just resting ma
woman: it seems you are not from this village?
me: yes mama, we are from umuhodi village
woman: then, what are you doing in this village?
I narrated everything to her, she sympathize with us, she then took us in her house.

ijeoma just finished her primary school, so my dream is to make sure she goes to school  even if i dont have chance of doing so again.
two days later, i took her to one of the public secondary school in the village, i paid #200, she never let me down, she's always scoring high grades in school, i was also working as a labourer, i help people make ridges in their farm, they pay me, i always use the money for my sister's education and our upkeep.
one day, on my way to chieg ugo's farm, i met princess chika
me: good morning my princess
princess chika: good morning

i moved few metres away before she called me back
princess chika: it seems your face isn't famiiar, who are you?
me: **i bow my head** i am chuckwuemeka
princess chika: are you from this village?
me: no, am from umuhodi village, but this is where i live now
princess chika: are you going to your farm?
me: no, am a labourer, am going to chief ugo's farm
princess chika: when will you be back?
me: **i checked the time** till 3:00 pm
princess chika: aren't you going to chief ugo's farm?
me: yes, i am
princess chika: and you are going to finish everything today?
me: by God's grace, i will finish it
princess chika: okay, when you are done, come to the palace, i will like to see you
me: palace? 
princess chika: yes
me: am sorry my princess, but i won't be able to come
princess chika: why?
me: nothing
princess chika: i understand, **smilling** don't worry, i will send someone to  come and fetch you
me: okay, my princess
**i smiled, she smiled at me, nothing jare**
on my way to the farm, i decided to picture princess chika, such a beautiful woman, she's looking so innocent and she's probably in her 19th, i fell in love with her almost at first sight, though i knew it's impossible, she is far more richer than me, she's even a princess of a high ranking village, she just completed her Bsc in united kingdom according to what i heard from kunle lee, but come to think of it, what does she want from me? may be she probably want to hire me for sor some work, but which kind of work is that?  princess chika is not even a farmer nor her parent, well, only time will tell..
**to be continued** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2015. Welcome To Onye's Blog - All Rights Reserved
Proudly Designed By Onyes Blogging Services