Omo Wobey (episode 1) - Welcome To Onye's Blog Welcome To Onye's Blog: Omo Wobey (episode 1)

Fashion

Advert

Friday 25 November 2016

Omo Wobey (episode 1)


Episode 1...

'Aaaarrrgh,after graduating from school that I spent years in,all the carry overs that I had,the hungers that I had to endure for 7yrs instead of 4yrs,so this is how everything will be.I am growing older for God sake and yet all the companies I have visited, none of them has even called me.. I am getting tired of everything, I think the next thing for me is suicide... Yes! Suicide! That's the best way to end everything.',Tunji cried in his room. "Suicide is the best thing, since my life ain't moving forward.I can't continue leaving like this,rope is the final thing..rope is the final thing." He continue repeating it until he went to a nearby shop to buy a rope.
  "Good afternoon ma",he greeted. "Afternoon oko mi,bawo?"the woman responded. "An lo di e di e",(we are moving small small),he said. "Ki lo fe ra",she asked.  "I want to buy rope",he replied.
The woman went inside and brought 2 ropes...
Woman: This one is 250n and this one is 300n.
Tunji:Gimme this one
Woman:300n
Tunji:Yes ma.
She gave him the rope and he took it home..He got to his room and sat on the bed talking to himself.
"Good, now Baba.I want to take my life, please accept my soul."
He got up from the bed,climbed a stool and tied the rope to the fan.He brought his head closer to the rope when he had his blackberry bold 5 bbm tone.
   "Oooh,who is pinging me at this crucial moment."
He got down and checked, he saw twaz a bbm request. He accepted and a message flew in almost immediately.
Unknown: Hi,meet me at Ziggys if you are still interested. Time:5pm remember no lateness o.
"Who is this,what's the meaning of this nonsense abi its a wrong message."He said to himself.
He replied the message "I think you ve got the wrong person" and the person asked "ain't you Tunji" he replied "yes,I am". "Come by 5pm,if you are ready",the person sent the message.
"Ooooh,I hate suspense.Com for what and how did you get my pin",Tunji asked.
    He waited but got no reply...
"What kinda mess is this, how did he get my pin and my name. I don't even have a friend here in Lagos and this one is telling me to meet him at Ziggys that is in magodo while am living in a ghetto here in Ketu."
  Tunji thought real hard buh his brain wasn't booting,he checked the time and it read 3:15pm.
  "Should I go on with my business and ignore that message",he asked himself.  "Lemme just give it a trial after all there's nothing to lose.Who knows it might be a job."
He rested on the bed waiting for 4:30pm so that he will leave the house.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
At last twaz 4:30pm,he washed his face and rub powder.Wore his clothes and bounced out of the house.
 "Eeeh,uncle Tunji you are going out."said a lady who is his next door neighbor.
 "Yea",replied Tunji. "Buy something for me sha",she said "okay o,that's if you give me money",he replied and left the compound.
   He boarded keke 70n to Magodo gate,then he took shuttle to Ziggys. (Ziggys is a recreational place in magodo.To swim there is 500n),back to the story.
He got to Ziggys and found a chair where he sat waiting for the anonymous person.He was busy looking at the people swimming when someone tapped him and said "are you Tunji." He replied,"yes."
The person sat down and they started discussing.
Unknown: My name is Jackson but you can call me Jack,okay?
Tunji:Yea..So what am I here for?
Jack:Ah ah,were you not the one that applied for a job online?
Tunji who was trying to remember suddenly blurted out "oh yea,I remember now".
Jack:Good
Tunji:So was I chosen?
Jack:Not yet until you are interviewed.
Tunji:(happy)So where's the company?
Jack gave him a paper,"that's the address,come next week monday."
  "Wow,I just can't express my gratitude."Tunji said.    "Hey,get 2 can origin and shawarma...You eat shawarma huh?",Jack asked. "Nah",responded Tunji.
 "Don't worry you will like it",Jack offered.
The request was brought to them while they ate..
 "Guess I will be going, lemme go and prepare for the interview",Tunji said.
 "Oh really?",Jack asked
 "Yea bro,thanks very much.I really appreciate". He stood up and went home happily.

*****************************
In his room he was seen talking to himself.
 "So,I will start working in a company.Not just a company but a big company."He thought.
"Any company in Oshodi,must be a big one",he said aloud.
"Can't just wait for monday,yipeee."

All through Friday, Saturday and Sunday Tunji was so happy.In fact he gave offering for the first time in 6 months (jan-june) that's to show his gratitude to God.


Finally,monday came and Tunji woke up early (5:00am) so as to bath before the queue becomes long.He didn't want to be late for the interview so as to prevent stories that touch.
By 5:45am Tunji was all dressed, he checked his mirror and saw himself looking happy and cute as he dressed like a banker.
"Yea,I think am ready.Oh Lord help me."He took his credentials and trekked to the bus stop where he saw crowds waiting for bus.As soon as a bus came he squeezed his way in and found a seat even though he wasn't comfortable it was all for the job.The bus started moving immediately twaz full by then people have started complaining (trust lagosians).

By 6:30am,he got to Oshodi and started locating the company. When he has trekked enough but couldn't find it he started asking questions.
"Please sir,am looking for Ola-iya street",he asked the first man who just looked at him and hissed.(You don't have to blame the man,its not his fault.Today is Monday so what do you expect) back to the story.
"Excuse me sir,please do you know Ola-iya street" he asked the second person but got no reply as the man kept on walking.(You can't Blame this one too bcos he thinks Tunji might be one of those pickpockets who ask a question and while you are answering another person will come from no where and take his money or whatever he's holding.)
"What is wrong with this men,lemme ask a woman"he thought to himself.
"Good morning ma,please I can't locate Ola-iya street"he pleaded
The woman looked at him up and down and her eyes settled on only one place...His "dick".
 He traced the woman eyes to his dick and was shocked that his zipper was opened.
"Ma,its very wrong of you."he said
 "Am really sorry."she replied.  "What was it you asked again."she asked
"Don't worry ma"he replied leaving her.
"Hey,come here.I said am sorry,I have something for you",the woman called out.
Tunji paused on his track and saw himself going back to her.
"Yes,you said you have something for me",said Tunji.
(The woman he's talking to is between the ages of 42-46)
"Yes,take this"the woman said handing over to him a complementary card. "I help young boys like you."said the woman.
Tunji replied,"thank you very much, so can I know where Ola-iya is?"
The woman answered,"there's nothing like that here"
Tunji didn't believe it so he showed her the address but the woman still said "nothing like this here,you can ask around".
"Okay,thank you ma"he left her and asked a driver (something he should have done since)
"Please where can I find this street"he asked the driver.
(Trust Lagos drivers na)
  "Aaaaaah,Kabiru.omo yi ti ko ja na abi?"(this boy has passed it already isn't it Kabiru?)said the driver.  Kabiru is the conductor so he replied,"aaah,oboy you go go back be that,you go turn left then you go see Ola-iya".
"Okay,thank you",Tunji said and ran along because he felt he was going late.He followed the directions given to him and found Ola-iya house written on a tall building.
  "Could this be the company even though it looks like a complex",he thought. The sound of his phone brought him back,he brought it out to check.
  "All this network people",he hissed out.  
As he was still fumbling with his phone two policemen cameout of a car.
"You are Tunji right?"said the officer who wasn't on uniform
"Yes,I am",replied Tunji.
  "Good you are under arrest"said the officer
"What for?",Tunji cried out!
"When you get to our station,you will know",the officer said and told his colleagues to bundle him into the car they came with.

to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2015. Welcome To Onye's Blog - All Rights Reserved
Proudly Designed By Onyes Blogging Services